The Kinloch Community Association organises community events throughout the year for the local community, and supports other organisations that run events involving Kinloch.
The annual Kinloch Plod is held on 3 January, it is a fun family event held in and around Kinloch village with great prizes. The entry fee for the Plod goes towards the Whangamata Stream track maintenance costs covered by the Association.
In February, we are involved in course marshalling and parking for the TriNZ International Tri series events.
On Easter Sunday, we hold an Easter Egg Hunt on the domain.
In July, we hold a Mid-Winter Christmas dinner.
In September, the Taupo Half Marathon Trust runs the Hoka One One Half Marathon Event, which now includes a full marathon over the ew Great Lake Trail, a Half Marathon on the W2K track, a Quarter Marathon (10km) on the Whangamata Stream track plus a 5km event. The Community Association manages the traffic flows and parking for this event, another fund raising activity involving many of the locals.
In October, we assist with the Kinloch Market Day, and put the floating pontoon out on the lake for swimmers to enjoy, until we bring it in again after Easter.
In November, there is the annual Guy Fawkes bonfire and fireworks in the reserve. The Volunteer Fire Brigade control the bonfire and the fireworks, and this event is very popular with the whole district. The Association makes a donation to the Volunteer Fire Brigade for their inputs. Also we hold a mix and mingle Cocktail Party.
In December, we hold a Christmas Carols Service at the Community Hall. This is a very popular event and people spill out onto the veranda during the service. We also make a donation to the Salvation Army for their services.
- Ladies Golf Club Day: Thursday Morning (Winter 9.30am Start) (Summer 9am Start)
- Men's Golf Club Day: Wednesday Morning (Winter 9.30am Start) (Summer 9am Start)
- Playgroup: Monday Morning 9.30am-12pm at the Kinloch Hall
- Indoor Bowls: 2nd & 4th Wednesday of the month at 7.30pm
- Garden and Craft Group: 1st Wednesday of the month 10am
- Taupo Library Mobile Bus: 2nd Tuesday of the Month
- January: Kinloch Plod
- February: Triathlon Tri-series - manage parking and course marshalling
- July: Mid Winter Dinner
- September: Kinloch Offroad Challenge - run by Taupo Half Marathon Trust, event sponsored by Hoka One One. Includes full marathon, half marathon, 10km and 5km event - something for the whole family.
- October: Kinloch Market Day (Labour weekend)
- November: Cocktail Party - mix and mingle, Fireworks Family Picnic
- December: Christmas Carols